7.20.2005

workplay

I spent the better part of the day yesterday refilling ink cartridges that I probably just ended up breaking somehow so that they won't work and I'll have to buy new ones anyway. I felt like I was performing surgery, only I still just had that one degree in Communications. I think my patient died on the table, only I'm not sure because I didn't know how to check the pulse.

The thing is, that was ridiculously hard. The HP cartridges are not so bad, other than the fact that there were three colors and I only had one syringe so I had to keep washing it out and that's a P-A-I-N. But the Canon cartridge. Damn you, Canon. Damn you to hell. At first glance, it looked like it would be easier. That's before I knew I had to make my own hole in the ink well with a thumb screw. And then I had to plug it back up and BY GOD IT BETTER BE AIR TIGHT OR YOU'LL DIE IN YOUR SLEEP! That's what the directions said. Almost.

Anyway, long story short (and the story could never live up to you being there to see me ridiculously fumbling with dozens of ink-soaked paper towels), I now know why most people just bend over and buy the damn cartridges. Yeah, I thought I was being the savvy consumer. The lesson I learned yesterday is this: you're gonna take it in the ass from someone; at least take it from a gentleman.

That was not fun, but what was fun was Kris's birthday party this past weekend. I had a monster headache the whole time which the sangria didn't help one bit, but I still had a good time and that is the mark of a great party.

The highlight of the evening was the impromptu hiphop performance. We had three children in attendance, one girl and two boys, who danced the night away to the Black Eyed Peas. Now, I've already commented on the hilarity of the hump song. But you'd have to multiply that by I don't know what to achieve the hilarity of watching that song being roleplayed by three adorable little white kids. They weren't intentionally roleplaying, or else I think I would've been more disturbed, but it was just so perfect. At one point when the lyrics went "you can look but you can't touch", I swear that little Ivy put her hand all up in Jesse's face as if to tell him he could just talk to it.

1 comment:

Cookie said...

"The lesson I learned yesterday is this: you're gonna take it in the ass from someone; at least take it from a gentleman."

I heart you.