7.13.2005

While we're all on the subject

Following are the top ten movies I'm ashamed to love, in no particular order:

Clueless (probably just the Rudd factor)

Tremors

Clash of the Titans (actually, I make no apologies for this one)

Speed

The Abyss (at least I'm told I should be ashamed)

Stargate (I think I'm really only ashamed of how much I love this movie)

The Fifth Element (Yes, I saw the parts with Gary Oldman in them. No, I don't care.)

Dirty Dancing

Dune (the Kyle McLachlan version, not the interminable miniseries)

Any Jane Austen adaptation (even Emma)


While I'm at it, my apologies for not liking the following:

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (many have tried and failed to correct this greivous error in judgment)

2001: A Space Odyssey (suck it, Kubrick)

Dances With Wolves (ironically, I liked Waterworld)

Time Bandits (I tried. I really did.)

The Breakfast Club (Dear Chris, please don't divorce me. Love, Liz)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you liked waterworld?
i didn't know that. this...this changes everything. who...are you?
-jp

Anonymous said...

WAIT! what?! time bandits? you tried?! and WHAT?! i don't...i can't...i mean, the willy wonka i knew, i don't understand, but i knew. but i mean, i'm just...wow. time bandits. don't get me wrong, i still love you, but i don't think we're going to work out. um, it's not you...it's me. well, and you.
hee.
-jp

Anonymous said...

you loser. breakfast club is the best movie ever. obviously you haven't seen the poster in my kitchen :)

Cookie said...

Josh keeps getting me to watch Time Bandits and I'm just like "Um. No." What's up with that movie?

Liz. The Breakfast Club? I could just cry, I really could. But it's okay, because I understand that not everyone is in love with Judd Nelson and that Molly Ringwald does that weird thing where she like.. never fully shuts her mouth. It just sorta hangs there.. I have to stop talking about it.

And Tremors? Awesome~