6.10.2005

Shut up, spider senses.

Twice this week, I have found myself amazed by two things:
1. How much you don't know about a person
2. How accurately you can guess about what you don't know, even if you'd rather not

My lesson of the week is to trust my instincts about people a tad more. In both cases, I sensed big trouble and haggled it down in my head until it amounted to no big deal. As it turns out, I grossly underestimated the circumstances.

I know I do this because I hate to think bad things about people without some kind of supporting evidence. And actually, I had supporting evidence. I just wanted to believe that people can change. And I do believe that, but also, when a person changes, you'll know it. A leopard doesn't just go around parading new spots without being noticed.

No comments: