6.15.2005

Celestine prophecies

We now interrupt Liz's VITALLY IMPORTANT WORK DAY FULL OF VITALLY IMPORTANT TASKS to bring you this message. And, incidentally, to preserve Liz's sanity for at least 24 more hours.

It's bad enough having 30 small things to get done in a day. At least then, I can make a big long list and feel really good every time I cross off an item. What's far worse, in my opinion, is having three things huge things to do for which you a) are solely responsible and b) receive not even a reasonable amount of cooperation.

So I quit. For like, 30 minutes. Nyeh.

In that 30 minutes, I will read and write blog entries, for that is what I wish to do with this time that is mine. Nyeh.

I read Laura's blog today and she was talking about fireworks and how that was a theme for her and Kris when they were dating. It reminded me that Chris and I had a theme, too. I have never before, and never since, stumbled upon as many freak meteor showers as Chris and I did when we were dating. It got to the point where sometimes we would go sit outside at night and make shooting stars appear. I considered it a public service.

I wonder if it would still work. Not that we would be able to see a damn thing in our downtown duplex with that security light sitting ten feet from the front porch. The country has its advantages.

Another thing that struck me about the fireworks/meteors thing is how strangely appropriate it seems. Chris and I are meteor shower people. Kris and Laura are fireworks people. I don't know why, but to me it makes perfect sense in a way that only random celestial events can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really liked the title to this post.
-jp

LBC said...

When I think of meteor showers, I think of the time that Scott came over and we sat on the chaise lounges by the pool to watch them. That certainly would have tainted the idea of Kris and I doing so. Except I guess we did all drive out to Oneonta that time to see meteors. It still felt so ridiculoudly awkward to be dating at that time that I suppose I blocked it out.

Yay for fireworks! Yay for meteors!