6.09.2005

I'm a Super Geek! Super Geek! I'm super geeky!

I'm about to put on my Dungeon Mistress hat again (why does that title sound so...dirty?). To answer your question, no, I don't really have a hat. But if I did, I wouldn't be ashamed of it. It would probably be a crown. Maybe even a tiara, as a reverent nod to that rare bird, geeky femininity. But I don't like hats, so there ya go.

I honestly think that more women should take roleplaying for a test drive. It's imaginative and cerebral and intellectually stimulating. It's a workout for your brain that involves problem-solving, morality issues, identity exploration, and all sorts of other cool stuff us girls like to throw around recreationally anyway. I think we could lend some depth to the game that the boys, with all their talk about whose composite bow is bigger, are sorely lacking.

In other news, Chris will be working all weekend long. So in typical grieving widow fashion, I think I'll go to a concert. David Wilcox and his Amazing Magical Capos are playing at the WorkPlay Theatre in Birmingham, which is a venue I've been wanting to check out anyway. I'm going to invite some far-flung cousins I haven't seen in a while. It's been a while since I've had time to do anything spontaneous or social or...at all. So I'm hoping I can seize the carp and do something fun with people I love.

No comments: