6.23.2005

As promised

I remember this one great big huge margarita the size of my head that I drank one time and it was strong and salty and it punched me in the gut. That's the first and last margarita that ever affected my state of mind. Tonight was no exception.

I had four or five of those things. They were good, but they were too sugary. The sugar made me feel hyper and the alcohol made me sleepy. Does it not buck conventional wisdom to mix uppers and downers?

In the end, it wasn't the margaritas but the female kinship that made the evening. We acted like such girls, and I can't speak for anyone else at the table, but that's a rare pleasure for me. I hung out with people I so rarely get to spend quality time with, one of which lives about ten feet away. We talked about guys and sex and marriage and divorce and had a grand time, even without the benefit of margaritas you can actually taste the tequila in.

No comments: