1.26.2005

Eye of the Tiger

I can feel myself approaching a crossroads. For the first time in my life, I think it might be possible for me to become addicted to exercise.

Like most people, I've tried on and off to engage in regular exercise with varying degrees of success. Nothing stuck it for the long haul. And really, it's too early to tell, but I looooooove the Y. I could eat it. And not feel guilty. Get it? Nevermind.

My parents gave Chris and me two months' membership for Christmas. Gyms always made me feel icky, but for some reason I thought the Y-vibe would be different. Less superficial, less self-conscious and vain. I don't know if that's true or if I've just grown as a person since the last time I went to a gym, but my assessment seems to have been correct.

Kris obviously likes the step classes. I'll have to try those. Mom and I went to the yoga class Monday night and it was awesome. I felt stretchy. Then last night I went to the gym and worked my arms. They hurt today. I want to go back. I'm already lamenting not having time to go today.

Also? I take vitamins. Every day. Have been since I got married. But really, it's a lot easier to remember to take your multi-vite when there's a certain, ahem, Pill that you have to remember to take daily. Or. Else. Just put the vites next to the Pills and voila! I can still count that as a "yay me" though, because I ran out of vitamins the other day and actually remembered to buy more before missing a dose. I got sponsitility.

No comments: