1.30.2005

The Extent of Winter


Now leaving Winter
Come back soon! Posted by Hello

You might have to click on the picture to see the icicles clearly. This past weekend provided us Gadsdenites with the first and, I daresay, last visually documentable evidence that winter was ever here.

Oh sure, there was no lack of below freezing temperatures. Just refer to my power bill post. But alas for snow. It never came. I guess I'll save my tears until the end of March. Snow likes to vacation here in the early spring every decade or so.

There was a magical quality to the freeze this weekend. As I drove around yesterday morning running errands, the temperature was ever so slightly easing up. So every now and then, a sheet of icicles that had been clinging to an overhanging tree would let go and shatter on the pavement. It sounded like glass and looked like fairy dust.

World, Chris says hello.

No comments: