4.18.2005

Wunderkoffee

I finished my term paper at 3 a.m. this morning. I hadn't actually planned on finishing it last night, but I was getting good sentences and I had to strike while the iron was hot.

Chris made me some awesome coffee to keep me alert while I worked. It did more than that. It was magic coffee. It caused the left and right sides of my brain to connect and fuse and spew concrete economic theory in iambic pentameter. Seriously though, it was really good coffee.

I had been writing and thinking and cursing all. day. long. and I'd finally made it to page 4 (of the requisite 10). That was about 8:30. So I took a break and Chris and I watched I Heart Huckabees on pay-per-view. I had been ready to pass out before it started, but throughout the movie, I sipped on this magic brew Chris made for me. If I'm not mistaken, it was a mixture of freshly ground Columbian Supremo, for body, and Highlander Grogg, for flavor. And there might have been some water in it. I'm not sure.

Anyway, after the movie ended, I surprised myself by going back to the computer to get to work again. 30 minutes later, I surprised myself by having another page written. My favorite page so far, in fact. Three hours later, I astonished myself by having completed my paper, revised my outline, and typed my citations.

I kept waking Chris up in the next room to announce that I'd finished another page. Hee.

So at 3 a.m., approximately three hours after I had finished my coffee, I hopped into bed and stared at the ceiling for another hour, reveling in the inner peace I had achieved and resisting the urge to wake up Chris and ask him to take me to the park so we could ride the spinny thing.

I contemplated skipping my first class this morning, but upon popping out of bed bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and feeling no pain, I decided there was no justification. I also decided that I could still feel the coffee in my veins.

It sort of went away around 11:00 this morning, but I haven't been tired all day. And my eyes open really wide and they don't blink much and I don't tell them what to do anymore. Hm. I wonder if "Columbian Supremo" is slang for something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

coffee meth? you could make a fortune! chris is a genius.