4.01.2005

I hate you, Blogger

See those duplicate posts under there? I can't delete them. There were errors. That's all Blogger has to say about it. There were errors.

I'm getting all hyper-pissed about everything today. And it's only 9:30. I started yelling at the phone because Line 2 was ringing so damn loud while I was trying to make a call on Line 1. And since there's a phone in every room, there's nowhere I can go to escape. Plus, when you're on one line and the other starts ringing, it beeps in to interrupt your conversation for about two seconds, as if its ear-piercing howls are not enough to tell you that SOMEONE ELSE IS ON THE PHONE WHYDON'TYOUCARE?!?!?! And of course, the client I'm speaking to always says something vital in those two seconds and the conversation is derailed while I recover mid-sentence and try to figure out what they said from context clues.

"I'm dying, Liz, but you've been such a good service provider that I wanted to tell you where my hidden fortune is before I go. It's in the *BEEEEEEEEEEEEP*. Pretty good hiding place, huh? And now, I die."

I've been living with these phones since we got them six months or so ago. But today is a day of many straws. So if any of you were thinking about calling me at work, DON'T.

And then that Blogger thing. It was pissing me off last night because it wouldn't let me post that last one. Because, you know, there were errors. So I tried making a new one that said the same thing. Errors. Fine, this can wait 'til tomorrow. Today, I try to post it and lo, it works. Only it posted both of them. Of course. So I go back to my list of posts and tell it to delete one of them.

"There were errors."

So the funny thing is, the post was deleted from my list, but not from the site. And I can't very well try again to delete something that I, in fact, successfully deleted. Sort of.

I'm sure there's a way around this, but right now I just want to be mad at it. And the phone. And the people that didn't want to let me into their lane when mine was running out. And the guy who I can't reach on the phone for the second day in a row.

Really, guys, I'm the Incredible Hulk today. So if you were thinking about pulling any April Foolery, just take that into consideration. That's all I'm sayin'.

Update (10:48 a.m.) - Both the posts I was previously referring to have since disappeared. Yes, both of them. Maybe they'll come back. Blogger, you are dead to me.

Update (10:52 a.m.) - Upon publishing previous update, the referenced post did indeed come back. Only one of them this time. Looking on the bright side, if this is the most important problem I have to solve today, I will consider myself lucky.

No comments: