2.24.2005

Wherein Liz conveys her intent to croon like a 70-year-old black woman

Actually it's more of a Rosemary Clooney vibe.

I'll be trying something new tomorrow. I'll be fronting a jazz band. Yeah, well I said new. I meant new. I'm not sure how I get myself into these things, to be honest. I don't have stage fright, but I do have stage distaste. Also, I've never sung jazz before. Never in my life. So it should be interesting.

Tomorrow night, I'll be singing at a bar downtown. That should be low stress, I'm thinking. But the next night, we'll be entertaining a large, hoity-toity crowd at the city's convention center as the headlining band. Now, is this a job for a rookie? Someone who's not only been sitting the bench for the last four years, but also has never played this particular sport? C'est la vie. And I suppose there's the off-chance it could be fun.

No comments: