6.01.2006

Nose Issues

I break a two-week silence to bring you this important update:

My nose itches.

Actually it doesn't itch so much as it just annoys. I can't stop messing with it. I told Chris I probably looked like a crack bunny. At first I thought I had something on it, some invisible film that had to be washed off. Then I remembered I first noticed it when I got out of the shower this morning, so it must be dry skin. Upon close examination, however, I find no evidence of alleged dry skin. After poking and prodding at my nose like a retard for several hours now, I think it may be numb. But it's hard to tell sometimes if it's numb. My office is like an ice box right now because our so-called "central air" only seems to care what the temperature is in the front of the building, so it's possible that the cold has numbed my nose and further clouded the issue, but it's also possible that my nose was numb to start with and I couldn't tell because it wasn't cold before and my nose has never gone numb before for any reason other than being cold.

Do any serious medical conditions manifest in the early stages with nose numbness?

If you see me today and I'm ceaselessly poking at my nose until I finally start trying to mash it inward with my thumbs in frustration, don't laugh. It's not funny. IT'S NOT FUNNY!

No comments: