8.25.2005

Phlegmatic

We took an indicator test in class today to determine our temperaments along the venerable guidelines of which of our bodily fluids most controls our thoughts and behaviors. Apparently, the compelling voice of that stuff that gets stuck in the back of my throat is the one I listen to most.

This is a pretty different result from the one I got many moons ago when we took a very similar test in high school. I tested melancholy by a nose, one point higher than choleric. Sanguine was dead last. Today, it was the choleric type that got left in the dust with a close cluster of the other three.

I can see clearly that I'm more outgoing than I was back in the day, but apparently I am also more moody, more worrisome, more negative, and less decisive. How can you be easygoing and a worrier at the same time, by the way?

I also defied the norm by marrying someone of similar temperament. Most, I hear, marry their opposite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too took the test. I was about 14. DEAD RINGER SANGUINE! I would like to take it again seeing that I have doubled my lifetime since.