5.04.2005

Anniversaries and insurance

Laura and Kris have now been married for two years and one day, and it really doesn't seem that long.

Chris cooked us all a dinner last night that wasn't specifically an anniversary dinner, but it fit the occasion. I was skeptical about his garlic herb mashed potatoes but they were really really good. I get to eat them again tonight. Neener.

On a different note, I would like to issue a formal apology to Alfa Insurance, and to Leslie, my oh so nice former agent whom I hope will let me crawl back. When I got married, my premium went way up because of some stupid rule that goes something like this:

A female is considered a youth until she is 25 unless she gets married, at which time she becomes an adult in the eyes of her car insurance provider. A male is considered a youth until he is 25, period, end of story.

So when I got married, Chris was listed on my insurance as a youth, as if he were my son or something. Ew. And Leslie suggested that another insurance company might be able to give me a better rate until he "comes of age".

As a side note, males are also considered minors for the purpose of federal financial aid until they are 23, regardless of how long they have been physically and financially independent. Apparently guys, the people you want money from don't trust you any further than they can throw you.

Anyway, I switched to Chris's insurance provider and, long story short, now they're trying to screw me. I may not be a mathemetician, but I'm pretty sure that $171 + $171 does not equal $230. I hate it when people are stupid or liars or stupid liars. But it's okay, because I'll go back to Leslie and she'll make it all better.

2 comments:

LBC said...

It really doesn't seem like 2 years.

My car insurance is through Alfa, too. I never ran into the same prob, though, cause I was 25 when I got hitched.

We toyed with the idea of getting the car insurance together (his is with AllState) and roll it in with our homeowner's policy (with State Farm). But what with Kris being a male driver of a fast car and several speeding tickets under his belt... wow, the lady at State Farm even apologized for suggesting it. :)

woodlayson said...

That's the funny part. Chris's driving record is better than mine. But he's a young impetuous man-child, until Magic Number 25, of course. Statistics are silly sometimes.