10.24.2005

Fall happens

Apparently, Mother Nature's Alabama delegate woke up this morning and realized it was October. I'll be reacquainting myself with my heating bill sometime very soon.

Jaimie's birthday was Friday. She's 28. Or 30 - 2, if your glass is half empty. We had yummy lasagna at her parents' house and she got a new black Jeep. I don't think she's told Red about that yet. But between you and me, the sooner the better. I mean, I like Red, but that relationship was going nowhere fast. Well, it was going nowhere at about 45 mph. Even on the interstate. (I love you Jaimie! No hitting.)

It got me thinking about my next birthday and how far away it is. That's fine, I'm not in any hurry. It's just that it seems like I've been 24 for a really long time. I've been 24 for years. What will happen when I turn 25? I don't know how to be anything but 24. Not to mention that the last time I had to deal with an age that was a squared number, I was 16. 16! That was so long ago. Will I remember how to act?

I must apologize for my silliness. That's what happens when I'm sleepy and bored and have nothing in particular to write about.

Laura brought it to my attention the other day that I never posted a link to my Flickr account, wherein are cute pictures of the kitty cats. So without further ado: http://www.flickr.com/photos/woodlayson

It's on my to-do list to give my Flickr account a little more content diversity, but we know how that can be. Oh yeah, if you want to see the kitten pix in chronological order, start at the bottom of page 2 and work backwards. I don't know why they posted like that and I haven't taken the time to figure out how to switch them up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kee-rist! you mention a birthday and they spam you with colon cancer. yeesh.
YOU LEAVE RED ALONE! IT'S NOT HER FAULT! WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT IT ANYWAY?!
oh, and the heating bill, yeah. damn. i'm not looking forward to it either, i'm thinking about getting two new spaceheaters.
-jp

woodlayson said...

I'm thinking we'll try the space heater experiment again this year, although it didn't seem to help with the heating bill last year.

And yeah, with the spam, I realize some content must put out flags that say "Spam me", but I'm not seeing any direct relationship to the content. I suppose I should just trust that they know what they're doing.